DSW is in search of a part-time sales associate.
At DSW, we believe in the power of shoes. We understand shoes bring out something great from within, and since 1991 we’ve been helping everyone feel the rush of finding that perfect pair. So when you work for DSW, you become a part of all that. A family whose core values are comprised of passion, accountability, collaboration, and humility. You become one of us, You become a Shoe Lover!
The DSW Sales Associate exhibits passionate, friendly, helpful and real customer service. Executes the customer service model “Check, Check, Match” while always putting the customer before any task. Performs the following functions: customer service, signing up new Rewards members, cashiering, store operations and merchandising. Complies with all policies and procedures associated with position, including maintaining a 95% attendance record. Based on store volume, reports to Store Manager, Merchandise or Operations Manager. No direct reports.
- Customer engagement and promoting the DSW Rewards program: Greets every customer in the store, reading customer cues to “Match” service level to their expectations, explaining the rewards program and its benefits while ensuring Passionate, Friendly, Helpful and Real Service.
- Cashiering: Rings up customers while following the DSW cash handling policies and register procedures.
- Store operations: Maintains a clean and organized store. Includes but is not limited to picking up trash in the aisles, returning shoes back where they belong according to DSW standards, cleaning the associate break room and restrooms, vacuuming the store, cleaning mirrors, cleaning the front walkway/stoop of the store, and any other housekeeping items deemed necessary.
- Merchandising: Unloads merchandise from trucks, places merchandise on the sales floor per DSW standards, completes markdowns, maintains clearance area standards, fills accessories, organizes and maintains the stockroom
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Operate a calculator
- Operate a terminal keyboard
- Read and interpret price ticket information
- No previous retail experience required.
- Minimum 1 year retail experience as Cashier, Retail Floor Generalist, Store Receiver preferred
- Minimum H.S. Diploma
DSW believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. We do not discriminate against any protected class including race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sex, national origin, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (defined as genetic information or impairments related to cancer), ancestry, marital status, family care leave, military and veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or based on any protected category under federal, state, or local laws. DSW also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and associates with disabilities unless doing so creates an undue hardship, in accordance with all legal requirements. Any applicant or associate who requires an accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job should contact Human Resources request that accommodation.
Click here to apply.